• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

It's interesting how a POS can actually serve you pretty well.    Our 6 burner Viking was, I think, almost a prototype for the consumer model, back in ???  early 90s?     It was the only semi-pro range that would fit our space, i.e., not stick almost a foot into the room.    It is actually almost something out of a sheet-metal shop.    If you jump in front of it, not that one normally does that, it rattles.    It does have high BTU burners, and husband has been able to keep the broiler working with several igniter replacements.    So we decided a couple of years ago to get a new stove.

After considerable shopping at every p;rice point, we decided that we weren't buying ourselves much of an improvement in the way we live and use the stove.    So $5 t0 10 grand still in the bank, and POS still working in the kitchen.   Besides, our kitchen is strictly for us, not a showplace.  

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

It's interesting how a POS can actually serve you pretty well.    Our 6 burner Viking was, I think, almost a prototype for the consumer model, back in ???  early 90s?     It was the only semi-pro range that would fit our space, i.e., not stick almost a foot into room.    I is actually something out of a sheet-metal shop.    If you jump in front of it, not that one normally does that, it rattles.    It does have high BTU burners, and husband has been able to keep the broiler working with several igniter replacements.    So we decided a couple of years ago to get a new stove.

After considerable shopping at every p;rice point, we decided that we weren't buying ourselves much of an improvement in the way we live and use the stove.    So $5 t0 10 grand still in the bank, and POS still working in the kitchen.   Besides, our kitchen is strictly for us, not a showplace.