• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cdh

cdh

I'm starting a session today.  5.7g of the little bits that have collected on the wrapper when I dug chunks out of the cake went into my good-enough gaiwan which is around 100ml. Water is at 185F.   Did an initial rinse.  20 second initial steep.  Slightly floral aromatics, rich woodsy flavor, long aftertaste. Some dried fruit is coming out after infusion 2, also about 20 seconds.  Infusions 3 and 4 were 30ish seconds.  Body is filling out and it is getting a nice thick mouthfeel and long aftertaste.  Woodsiness is abating and fruitiness is coming out more.

cdh

cdh

I'm starting a session today.  5.7g of the little bits that have collected on the wrapper when I dug chunks out of the cake went into my good-enough gaiwan which is around 100ml. Water is at 185F.   Did an initial rinse.  20 second initial steep.  Slightly floral aromatics, rich woodsy flavor, long aftertaste. Some dried fruit is coming out after infusion 2, also about 20 seconds. 

cdh

cdh

I'm starting a session today.  5.7g of the little bits that have collected on the wrapper when I dug chunks out of the cake went into my good-enough gaiwan which is around 100ml. Water is at 185F.   Did an initial rinse.  20 second initial steep.  Slightly floral aromatics, rich woodsy flavor, long aftertaste.