• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

When one "dines out" for only the second time in eight or so months, might as well be at...

IMG_2752.jpeg.e8f1a9b8ff296cfcc0b9befdd05cb906.jpeg

At least in their lovely backyard.

IMG_2754.jpeg.e61235aebcae2879bc8014728512a0b3.jpeg

This is known, in NYC pizza parlance, as a half sausage. You don't have to say cheese, you don't have to say pizza, you don't have to say pizza pie, you just say: "Gimme a large, half sausage."

And then wait in that backyard, with your diet coke (I WAS DRIVING), wife and friends (who, since they tend to not eat too much sausage, ordered their own mushroom (a mistake, imo, but who am I to argue?!)), to enter pizza nirvana, burnt roof of mouth included.

weinoo

weinoo

When one "dines out" for only the second time in eight or so months, might as well be at...

This is known, in NYC pizza parlance, as a half sausage. You don't have to say cheese, you don't have to say pizza, you don't have to say pizza pie, you just say: "Gimme a large, half sausage."

And then wait in that backyard, with your diet coke (I WAS DRIVING), wife and friends (who, since they tend to not eat too much sausage, ordered their own mushroom (a mistake, imo, but who am I to argue?!)), to enter pizza nirvana.  

weinoo

weinoo

And then wait, with your diet coke, wife and friends (who, since they tend to not eat too much sausage, ordered their own mushroom (a mistake, imo, but who am I to argue)), to enter pizza nirvana.