• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

52 minutes ago, Duvel said:

This type of cheese is very popular in Germany. We go through 1-2 packs per week, not only as a spread but also as a quite versatile ingredient. A very similar product available in the US is Boursin ...

Yes but I find it overly fake garlic/herb tasting and not much of a milky sweetness. Hardly from the Luberon.  I shall improvise. Thanks. I have emailed a friend who used to work on a goat farm and do cheese in her youth - so so many possibilities if one gets good milk.  I fondly recall the goat milk we would get at the Los Angeles County Fair - milked in front of us. Pre raw milk paranoia. 

heidih

heidih

46 minutes ago, Duvel said:

This type of cheese is very popular in Germany. We go through 1-2 packs per week, not only as a spread but also as a quite versatile ingredient. A very similar product available in the US is Boursin ...

Yes but I find it overly fake garlic/herb tasting and not much of a milky sweetness. I shall improvise. Thanks. I have emailed a friend who used to work on a goat farm and do cheese in her youth - so so many possibilities if one gets good milk.  I fondly recall the goat milk we would get at the Los Angeles County Fair - milked in front of us. Pre raw milk paranoia.