• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

45 minutes ago, BKEats said:

Staying up in Columbia County NY.  It's corn season and it's a good one.. We made a bunch for dinner the prior evening and had some leftovers.  I cut maybe 6 cobs of corn and saved in a large ziplock.  With the cobs, i added to a pot with garlic, salt, sugar, oatmilk, and shishito peppers.

Cooked for a couple of hours maybe.   reduced to 2 or 3 cups 

I bought this beautiful lobster mushroom and a large bunch of oyster mushrooms:

50235551492_06c2981dc1_z.jpg

So, all over the county, there are shishito peppers.. Everyone is growing them.. I bought a bunch and cooked them last night.. I fried in oil, I topped with kosher salt and bottled key lime juice that my mother in law had recently purchased to make a cheese cake:  So, i added the two mushrooms with the peppers, corn and mushrooms.  

Here is the same pan with the cooked corn as well as the corn stock and some parsley on top:

Finally, a long fusilli and thai basil... This was ridiculously good.. The corn broth was so sweet and corny.  The sauce at the bottom was so thick that it when you dragged a finger it took a moment before closing up.

Lovely fresh food. That mushroom!  So when you cook the corn cobs that long it enhances the corniness from what you reported. Perhaps I have not been bold enough.I thought it would lose an element.  And the oatmilk - a dairy sub or?

heidih

heidih

40 minutes ago, BKEats said:

Staying up in Columbia County NY.  It's corn season and it's a good one.. We made a bunch for dinner the prior evening and had some leftovers.  I cut maybe 6 cobs of corn and saved in a large ziplock.  With the cobs, i added to a pot with garlic, salt, sugar, oatmilk, and shishito peppers.

Cooked for a couple of hours maybe.   reduced to 2 or 3 cups 

I bought this beautiful lobster mushroom and a large bunch of oyster mushrooms:

50235551492_06c2981dc1_z.jpg

So, all over the county, there are shishito peppers.. Everyone is growing them.. I bought a bunch and cooked them last night.. I fried in oil, I topped with kosher salt and bottled key lime juice that my mother in law had recently purchased to make a cheese cake:  So, i added the two mushrooms with the peppers, corn and mushrooms.  

Here is the same pan with the cooked corn as well as the corn stock and some parsley on top:

Finally, a long fusilli and thai basil... This was ridiculously good.. The corn broth was so sweet and corny.  The sauce at the bottom was so thick that it when you dragged a finger it took a moment before closing up.

Lovely fresh food. That mushroom!  So when you cook the corn cobs that long it enhances the corniness from what you reported. Perhaps I have not been bold enough.I thought it would lose an element.  And the oatmilk - a diry sub or?