• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

5 hours ago, shain said:

@Nicolai Any chance you recall the name of the village or restaurant? Looks superb. 

Apologies: The learned one corrected me as the restaurant was in Kos and not Crete.

Unfortunately. I don't remember the name of the mountain village. We drove from the beach which I can't even remember the name and did not use a GPS just kept driving up the mountains to nowhere and ended around lunch time in this very small village on a Sunday after prayers.

I have more pictures but they are in another house. I wonder if any Greek person can guess where I shot this picture with the mountain trees the ravine and the sea?

DtRxd6L.jpg

I am a big fan of Greece islands and the places we used to go like Mykonos Kos Lesbos did not have a single hotel at that time and you had to either sleep on the yacht or at the local friend houses.

Nicolai

Nicolai

18 minutes ago, shain said:

@Nicolai Any chance you recall the name of the village or restaurant? Looks superb. 

Unfortunately. I don't remember the name of the mountain village. We drove from the beach which I can't even remember the name and did not use a GPS just kept driving up the mountains to nowhere and ended around lunch time in this very small village on a Sunday after prayers.

I have more pictures but they are in another house. I wonder if any Greek person can guess where I shot this picture with the mountain trees the ravine and the sea?

DtRxd6L.jpg

I am a big fan of Greece islands and the places we used to go like Mykonos Kos Lesbos did not have a single hotel at that time and you had to either sleep on the yacht or at the local friend houses.