• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

1 hour ago, Franci said:

Childhood food, I just need to find decent frozen peas, because these were not good 

Franci, I find (as do many chefs) that frozen Bird's Eye or Green Giant BABY SWEET PEAS are quite good. It's one of those products where, in most cases, they're better than fresh peas, unless you're going out to your backyard and picking them that day.

In fact, I almost always have a bag or two in my freezer.

weinoo

weinoo

1 hour ago, Franci said:

Childhood food, I just need to find decent frozen peas, because these were not good 

Franci, I find (as do many chefs) that frozen Bird's Eye or Green Giant BABY SWEET PEAS are quite good. It's one of those products where, in most cases, they're better than fresh peas, unless you're going out to your backyard and picking them that day.