• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

Ive gone to a local higher end grocery store twice in the last two weeks , after a 3 M 

hiatus , for the obvious reasons.  it has senior hour @ 7AM , and I was lold by a neighbor 

Mondays are attractive as many did their shopping on the weekend.

@ 6:55 AM  there were 6 people , expertly distanced in front of me.  carts were ripped down

by the staff and ready to go at the door.

the store :   some shrubbery , a loaf of uncut store baed bread , some ground beef , a lg bag of Idaho;

two avocados.

and some Fz peas .   In and Out   from the Opening Bell   ( they need one )

10 minutes or less 

my feast :

2133224139_PB.thumb.jpg.4fac90b3634834e49e4aadc55d1b5b57.jpg

PBDone.thumb.jpg.174bd31795200ce9234e52ea790bc6ec.jpg

potatoes are washed , Micro'd for 5 minutes then CSO'd :

40 minutes steam bake , the 10 - 15 minutes conventional bake ( dry ) @ 425

I get a BP I like :  very crispy skin ( its about the skin ! ) fluffy innards.   butter , green onion tops.

note the Malliard'd burger , not pressed but cut,  out of the plastic container.  note the Jus !

heaven itself after 3 months !

the store seemed fully stocked  but the service meat counter was closed.

can't say if it opens later in the day.   packaged meats seemed about the same to me, 

but I have not been to this store  in quite a while.

rotuts

rotuts

Ive gone to a local higher end grocery store twice in the last two weeks , after a 3 M 

hiatus , for the obvious reasons.  it has senior hour @ 7AM , and I was lold by a neighbor 

@ 6:55 AM  there were 6 people , expertly distanced in front of me.  carts were ripped down

the store :   some shrubbery , a loaf of uncut store baed bread , some ground beef , a lg bag of Idaho;

two avocados.

10 minutes or less 

my feast :

I get a BP I like :  very crispy skin ( its about the skin ! ) fluffy innards.   butter , green onion tops.

note the Malliard'd budget , not pressed but cut out of the plastic container.  note the Jus !

the store seemed fully stocked  but the service meat counter was closed.

cant say if it opens after in they.   packaged meats seemed about the same to me, 

but I have not been to this store  in quite a while.

rotuts

rotuts

two avocados.

10 minutes or less 

my feast :

note the Malliard'd budget , not pressed but cut out of the plastic container.  note the Jus !