• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Well dear reader, since we last spoke, i was summoned to cook again... I was laying in bed with my child watching tv, when the committed decided they were hungry... I fortunately brought two lbs of scallops up here.. so, it was just the quick business of pan cooking 16 scallops... 3 each and well, one to test.. 

I put down on a plate the peppers that were smoked, mixed with grilled oranges and garlic... I clipped a few pieces of the grilled and smoked onions and some of the almonds.. 

49899392173_ea336c1a63_c.jpg

49899909786_eca8ffc6ef_c.jpg

49899910421_a0c1e546f1_c.jpg

I am pretty excited about this dish... i was in the grocery store today and just noticed these huge old peppers and then i knew i had to buy them... Then I sort of came up with the idea of a desconstructed romesco of sorts... really good.. the peppers, which I have a lot of, could be used for a number of things.. firstly, i have beautiful bread and some meredith farm feta.. But, it would be great with sausages, or a pork loin, or roasted chicken, or just so many things.. We will have it for a few days and I will play more with it.  But yeh, definitely a fun fish for me.  

BKEats

BKEats

Well dear reader, since we last spoke, i was summoned to cook again... I was laying in bed with my child watching tv, when the committed decided they were hungry... I fortunately brought two lbs of scallops up here.. so, it was just the quick business of pan cooking 16 scallops... 3 each and well, one to test.. 

I put down on a plate the peppers that were smoked, mixed with grilled oranges and garlic... I clipped a few pieces of the grilled and smoked onions and some of the almonds.. 

49899392173_ea336c1a63_c.jpg

49899909786_eca8ffc6ef_c.jpg

49899910421_a0c1e546f1_c.jpg

I am pretty excited about this dish... i was in the grocery store today and just noticed these huge old peppers and then i knew i had to buy them... Then I sort of came up with the idea of a desconstructed romesco of sorts... really good.. the peppers, which I have a lot of, could be used for a number of things.. firstly, i have beautiful bread and some meredith farm feta.. But, it would be great with sausages, or a pork loin, or roasted chicken, or just so many things.. We will have it for a few days and I will play more with it.