• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Simple dinner the other night..  It started one way and then, cocktails happened, then we forgot about dinner completely.. Then I was forced in to making the steak against my will and my better judgement.. but, it was delicious.. dry aged.. I wish it was thicker as it was only a pound and it was pretty big and there was a bone... I overcooked it slightly to my taste but, was still medium rare-ish to most people's eyes. But, i overcooked it like 30 seconds a side. 

49762463611_41c739f9ed_z.jpg

49762464231_d9b9a5262a_z.jpg

Then simple potatoes...boiled and them smashed and cooked crispy with thyme and olive oil or butter, i don't remember... it was either two nights ago or three weeks ago.. i lost track

49762788877_ea3eb59ac0_z.jpg

There was also spinach that I just blanched.. And I know I composed a platter but, can't find evidence of this,.. 

Here is a slice of steak:  I don't know, I that night was a doozy

49762792622_63f3c55a06_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Simple dinner the other night..  It started one way and then, cocktails happened, then we forgot about dinner completely.. Then I was forced in to making the steak against my will and my better judgement.. but, it was delicious.. dry aged.. I wish it was thicker as it was only a pound and it was pretty big and there was a bone... I overcooked it slightly to my taste but, was still medium rare-ish to most people's eyes. But, i overcooked it like 20 seconds a side. 

49762463611_41c739f9ed_z.jpg

49762464231_d9b9a5262a_z.jpg

Then simple potatoes...boiled and them smashed and cooked crispy with thyme and olive oil or butter, i don't remember... it was either two nights ago or three weeks ago.. i lost track

49762788877_ea3eb59ac0_z.jpg

There was also spinach that I just blanched.. And I know I composed a platter but, can't find evidence of this,.. 

Here is a slice of steak:  I don't know, I that night was a doozy

49762792622_63f3c55a06_z.jpg