• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

27 minutes ago, Dejah said:

I usually find New Zealand or Australian lamb shanks in the freezer section of our supermarket. I prefer them to Canadian lamb - more lamb flavour.

The odd thing is if you speak with NZ folks so much is exported they can't afford their own!  This US meat I have gotten is pretty "lamby" I can not cook it when step mom is around - she freaks.  i'll take lamb or goat over beef any day.

heidih

heidih

21 minutes ago, Dejah said:

I usually find New Zealand or Australian lamb shanks in the freezer section of our supermarket. I prefer them to Canadian lamb - more lamb flavour.

The odd thing is if you speak with NZ folks so much is exported they can't afford their own!  This Us meat I have gotten is pretty "lamby" I can not cook it when step mom is around - she freaks.  i'll take lamb or goat over beef any day.