• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

I never thought this would be possible but often a full beer is able to ruin my next day...my husband complains no end that I am no fun, cannot drink anymore 😁 red wine, I cannot even sniff it anymore. 

Anyway, my cooking has become a little unstructured lately. I often don’t have a plan and one hour before dinner I start thinking what are we going to eat. No, not completely true. I alway defrost some protein the night before. It was some time that I thought of making hot dog buns (Ann’s recipe) because my daughter is the only one eating hot dogs. So, I made the dough yesterday night and baked the buns tonight. I also made some crispy tofu in the oven. We all love it, except the girl, she had her hot dogs...since I had some eggplant in the fridge, I decided to cook it like the tofu. Really tasty, I will make it again! And I had some shrimps that went on the cast iron grill.  Ah, and I made some minestrone for tomorrow lunch so I had a little bowl, no pasta or rice in it. 

BF7E0A7F-5B05-4EC0-BBA8-DEF609AB1C97.jpeg

48D970E9-BD81-4FC7-94D7-1536CB3ECE8F.jpeg

125D8DB0-281C-48C2-BFF1-27C02C5D8812.jpeg

7B7B8C75-B9A2-44A7-8B06-BF0EEACAE185.jpeg

Franci

Franci

I never thought this would be possible but often a full beer is able to ruin my next day...my husband complains no end that I am no fun, cannot drink anymore 😁 red wine, I cannot even sniff it anymore. 

Anyway, my cooking has become a little unstructured lately. I often don’t have a plan and one hour before dinner I start thinking what are we going to eat. No, not completely true. I alway defrost some protein the night before. It was some time that I thought of making hot dog buns (recipe for Ann) because my daughter is the only one eating hot dogs. So, I made the dough yesterday night and baked the buns tonight. I also made some crispy tofu in the oven. We all love it, except the girl, she had her hot dogs...since I had some eggplant in the fridge, I decided to cook it like the tofu. Really tasty, I will make it again! And I had some shrimps that went on the cast iron grill.  Ah, and I made some minestrone for tomorrow lunch so I had a little bowl, no pasta or rice in it. 

BF7E0A7F-5B05-4EC0-BBA8-DEF609AB1C97.jpeg

48D970E9-BD81-4FC7-94D7-1536CB3ECE8F.jpeg

125D8DB0-281C-48C2-BFF1-27C02C5D8812.jpeg

7B7B8C75-B9A2-44A7-8B06-BF0EEACAE185.jpeg