• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie has only had a couple of salads in the last few years, so I went looking for "salads for people who hate salads".  Honestly I have to wonder about some of the ideas.  I wouldn't eat some of them and I like salad.  Anyway I decided on Watermelon Poke Bowl. We both liked it and both ate most of our servings. The picture is before the dressing was added.  We had it with grilled steak. Charlie had mac & cheese and I had half a baked potato with sour cream and bacon bits from Smoking Goose.

20200617_164107.jpg

20200617_164235.jpg

20200617_164258.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie has only had a couple of salads in the last few years, so I went looking for "salads for people who hate salads".  Honestly I have to wonder about some of the ideas.  I wouldn't eat some of them and I like salad.  Anyway I decided on Watermelon Poke Bowl. We both liked it and both ate most of our servings. The picture is before the dressing was added.  We had it with grilled steak. Charlie had mac & cheese and I had half a baked potato with sour cream and bacon bits from Smoked Goose.

20200617_164107.jpg

20200617_164235.jpg

20200617_164258.jpg