• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

12 hours ago, TdeV said:

Could you please tell me what went into those fabulous corn fritters?

Of course!  I microwaved half a bag of frozen corn and let cool down. Then sliced finely 2-3 scallions, and cut some roasted piquillo peppers, about 3,  added 2 large eggs, 60g of Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano, a microplaned clove of garlic, some Turkish Pul biber or other  chili flakes or paprika, some salt and to finish some panko to keep it together. Next time, I will blitz like 1/3 of everything so it will hold better, or increase to 3 eggs and proportionally increase the parmigiano and panko. Better to chill in the fridge for some time. I think a good way to see if it will hold is to make  quenelles and let it rest for a little in the fridge and see how they hold, if after the rest they hold well the shape they are good to fry. At least this is what I am planning to do the next time, because the taste was really good and they asked me to make them again. This time they were a little fragile. 

@Shain,  I love very much your dinner...big fan of dry favas and could eat zucchini (or  eggplants) every day! 

But in all honestly I like all the dinners! 

Today I made a small pan of pasta with zucchini and chickpeas. Then we had some short ribs on the cast iron grill and a salad. And since I made a big batch of chickpeas, I made some vegetables sliders, just to store in the freezer/fridge.  I keep them for myself, nobody else seems to like them, I really adore them and make a variety of with lentils/mung beans, milled, lupini beans and they are very handy for breakfast or to add to a salad for lunch. 

9A70710C-7561-4123-AC1F-C359CAF30DA8.jpeg

6CE46807-82AC-466C-AE3B-17A6B4CE3247.jpeg

D9E22529-2FC2-4625-8EF9-E7C2B122773A.jpeg

Franci

Franci

12 hours ago, TdeV said:

Of course!  I microwaved half a bag of frozen corn and let cool down. Then sliced finely 2-3 scallions, and cut some roasted piquillo peppers, about 3,  added 2 large eggs, 60g of Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano, a microplaned clove of garlic, some Turkish Pul biber or other  chili flakes or paprika, some salt and to finish some panko to keep it together. Next time, I will blitz like 1/3 of everything so it will hold better, or increase to 3 eggs and proportionally increase the parmigiano and panko. Better to chill in the fridge for some time. I think a good way to see if it will hold is to make  quenelles and let it rest for a little in the fridge and see how they hold, if after the rest they hold well the shape they are good to fry. At least this is what I am planning to do the next time, because the taste was really good and they asked me to make them again. This time they were a little fragile. 

@Shain,  I love very much your dinner...big fan of dry favas and could eat eggplants every day! 

Today I made a small pan of pasta with zucchini and chickpeas. Then we had some short ribs on the cast iron grill and a salad. And since I made a big batch of chickpeas, I made some vegetables sliders, just to store in the freezer/fridge.  I keep them for myself, nobody else seems to like them, I really adore them and make a variety of with lentils/mung beans, milled, lupini beans and they are very handy for breakfast or to add to a salad for lunch. 

Franci

Franci

12 hours ago, TdeV said:

Of course!  I microwaved half a bag of frozen corn and let cool down. Then sliced finely 2-3 scallions, and cut some roasted piquillo peppers, about 3,  added 2 large eggs, 60g of Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano, a microplaned clove of garlic, some Turkish Pul biber or other  chili flakes or paprika, some salt and to finish some panko to keep it together. Next time, I will blitz like 1/3 of everything so it will hold better, or increase to 3 eggs and proportionally increase the parmigiano and panko. Better to chill in the fridge for some times. I think a good way to see if it will hold is to make  quenelles and let it rest for a little in the fridge and see how they hold, if after the rest they hold well the shape they are good to fry. At least this is what I am planning to do the next time, because the taste was really good and they asked me to make them again. This time they were a little fragile. 

@Shain,  I love very much your dinner...big fan of dry favas and could eat eggplants every day! 

Franci

Franci

11 hours ago, TdeV said:

Of course!  I have microwaved half a bag of frozen corn and let cool down. Then sliced finely 2-3 scallions, and cut some roasted piquillo peppers, about 3,  added 2 large eggs, 60g of Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano, a microplaned clove of garlic, some Turkish Pul biber or other  chili flakes or paprika, some salt and to finish some panko to keep it together. Next time, I will blitz like 1/3 of everything so it will hold better, or increase to 3 eggs and proportionally increase the parmigiano and panko. Better to chill in the fridge for some times. I think a good way to see if it will hold is to make  quenelles and let it rest for a little in the fridge and see how they hold, if after the rest they hold well the shape they are good to fry. At least this is what I am planning to do the next time, because the taste was really good and they asked me to make them again. This time they were a little fragile.