• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

Cioppino - first time we enjoyed this was in San Francisco, many moons ago. Not as good making it at home with frozen seafood, but the broth was slurpingly delicious! Seared the scallops and topped the bowl. Didn't have baguette or garlic toast, but Chinese crullers filled in nicely.

Cioppino1129.jpg.09a05f23ac5330c3aebac04180ed80ae.jpg

With this Covid-19, everyone is baking, so yeast has become a scarce commodity. I had an  unopened jar in the dark recesses of my cupboard. Don't even remember why I bought it as I don't bake anything that requires yeast. Must have felt ambitious one day back in 2018. A good friend was desperate, so I opened the jar and made a test batch. It was definitely alive! Dropped the jar off at the friend's, then looked at the test bubbly goo. Didn't want to waste it, so I googled a cinnamon recipe.: Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Buns. Must be beginner's luck! They were great! Good thing I gave the yeast away, or I'll be making them all the time! We had some for dessert, and gave most away to next door neighbors.

1838955518_Cinnamonbuns1140.jpg.15e4268b7440afe13ba7822f2ad6c6eb.jpg      

"Stronger Together",  a salute by many Canadian artists to front-line workers fighting COVID-19 for a historic multi-platform concert, was on at supper time, so it was a quick Butter Chicken with brown Basmati rice, cauliflower and peas for supper in front of the TV.

1752409874_ButterChicken1144.jpg.6082fea8e59c8d5689093d6bc0fb4f74.jpg

Dejah

Dejah

Cioppino - first time we enjoyed this was in San Francisco, many moons ago. Not as good making it at home with frozen seafood, but the broth was slurpingly delicious! Seared the scallops and topped the bowl. Didn't have baguette or garlic toast, but Chinese crullers filled in nicely.

With this Covid-19, everyone is baking, so yeast has become a scarce commodity. I had an  unopened jar in the dark recesses of my cupboard. Don't even remember why I bought it as I don't bake anything that requires yeast. Must have felt ambitious one day back in 2018. A good friend was desperate, so I opened the jar and made a test batch. It was definitely alive! Dropped the jar off at the friend's, then looked at the test bubbly goo. Didn't want to waste it, so I googled a cinnamon recipe.: Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Buns. Must be beginner's luck! They were great! Good thing I gave the yeast away, or I'll be making them all the time! We had some for dessert, and gave most away to next door neighbors.

"Stronger Together",  a salute by many Canadian artists to front-line workers fighting COVID-19 for a historic multi-platform concert, was on at supper time, so it was a quick Butter Chicken with brown Basmati rice, cauliflower and peas for supper in front of the TV.

Cinny Buns photo from Lisa.jpg

Dejah

Dejah

Cinny Buns photo from Lisa.jpg