• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

Sous vide (137F 3 hours)  goose with cranberry gravy (with MTG demiglace), potatoes, apple juice braised red cabbage (with a little allspice), roast broccoli. 

It was good, but not a cheap meal. A  $50, 11 lb goose had breast enough for just 4 servings. I suppose I could squeeze 5 servings out of this one. 

The legs have confit in their future :-).

010.thumb.jpg.b0280d2a70ff593b8d9bb2eb4fbfa362.jpg

gfweb

gfweb

Sous vide (137F 3 hours)  goose with cranberry gravy, potatoes, apple juice braised red cabbage (with a little allspice), roast broccoli. 

It was good, but not a cheap meal. A  $50, 11 lb goose had breast enough for just 4 servings. I suppose I could squeeze 5 servings out of this one. 

gfweb

gfweb

Sous vide (137F 3 hours)  goose with cranberry gravy, potatoes, apple juice braised red cabbage (with a little allspice), roast broccoli.