• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend sent me a recipe for fish that used a seasoned coating made with part of a packet of powdered mashed potatoes. I used garlic flavored.  It was good but I substituted a pounded chicken breast and I added garlic bread, egg noodles and Alfredo sauce.    In the past I have used ground up potato chips in a fried coating but this was the first time I used a commercial mix for mashed potatoes.

On a whim Charlie ordered some strawberry flavored Coke from Japan.  I expected it to have an artificial strawberry candy flavor but it was not very sweet at all.  Tasted like they used real strawberries.  It was very good.

20200229_152931.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend sent me a recipe for fish that used a seasoned coating made with part of a packet of powdered mashed potatoes. I used garlic flavored.  It was good but I substituted a pounded chicken breast and I added garlic bread, egg noodles and Alfredo sauce.

On a whim Charlie ordered some strawberry flavored Coke from Japan.  I expected it to have an artificial strawberry candy flavor but it was not very sweet at all.  Tasted like they used real strawberries.  It was very good.

20200229_152931.jpg