• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

To add interior view

Tots again

IMG_2726.thumb.jpeg.0878c71a0c1c6ca77b5baf9781c77ad1.jpeg

In addition to broccoli and red bell pepper, I added pickled jalapeños and replaced most of the grated cheddar with a drizzle of a queso-like sauce. 

The sauce is from Chris Shepherd's book Cook like a Local where he uses it a Chile Tater Tot Casserole and something called Lamburger Helper.  

The sauce has onion, garlic, Crystal hot sauce and sambal oelek in addition to cheddar cheese and heavy cream.  It is very rich and very delicious.

From others who have made it, the tot casserole turns the tots rather mushy.  Some people like it that way.  Fans of the crispy tot have turned it into something more like totchos than a casserole and I plan to try that. 

The recipe is available online here:  Chile Tater Tot Casserole

Interior view:

IMG_2728.thumb.jpeg.a6eff15b52a2ac4b3c003a15044ad41c.jpeg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Tots again

IMG_2726.thumb.jpeg.0878c71a0c1c6ca77b5baf9781c77ad1.jpeg

In addition to broccoli and red bell pepper, I added pickled jalapeños and replaced most of the grated cheddar with a drizzle of a queso-like sauce. 

The sauce is from Chris Shepherd's book Cook like a Local where he uses it a Chile Tater Tot Casserole and something called Lamburger Helper.  

The sauce has onion, garlic, Crystal hot sauce and sambal oelek in addition to cheddar cheese and heavy cream.  It is very rich and very delicious.

From others who have made it, the tot casserole turns the tots rather mushy.  Some people like it that way.  Fans of the crispy tot have turned it into something more like totchos than a casserole and I plan to try that. 

The recipe is available online here:  Chile Tater Tot Casserole