• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

One thing I forgot to mention is that these Miao people like to play drinking games. Here is one example where the women pick on a man and force him, in an artistic manner, to down far too much home made-rice wine poured down a series of bamboo channels. I declined to partake, claiming ill-health, which no one believed. I hate their rice wine and I like to drink at my own pace. They graciously passed me by and this poor chap got the prize!

Apologies for poor video quality. It's crystal clear on my original, but not on YouTube. No idea why!

liuzhou

liuzhou

One thing I forgot to mention is that these Miao people like to play drinking games. Here is one example where the women pick on a man and force him, in an artistic manner, to down far too much home made-rice wine poured down a series of bamboo channels. I declined to partake, claiming ill-health, which no one believed. I hate their rice wine and I like to drink at my own pace. They graciously passed me by and this poor chap got the prize!