• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Audrey Brown

Audrey Brown

On 2/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, MelissaH said:

Will anyone who is coming to the workshop in Buffalo be driving there across the NY State Thruway (I-90) with an extra seat in the car? There are a number of convenient meeting places at various exits in the Syracuse area (from I-481, exit 34A, over to Weedsport, exit 40). Or if you're taking the scenic route, NY 104 along the south shore of Lake Ontario, that goes right through my hometown.

My husband, who some of you may remember from the last workshop at Niagara College, would like to come to the dinner on Saturday night. He won't be able to attend the Saturday workshop because he needs to attend the university commencement exercises Saturday morning, a 2.5 hour drive away. We're a one-car family, so if I drive myself over on Friday, my husband has no way to get there for dinner. So I could either drive over with my husband for the Saturday night dinner (only) or to catch a ride over with someone who will be passing through so I can participate more fully, and my husband will come when the ceremonies are done and join us all for dinner. Or I could take a train, but that's less easy if I want to bring a box of tools with me. The Exchange St station is right around the corner from the hotel, and there are 3 trains that are scheduled to get there from Syracuse on Friday. One of them might even get me into town early enough to join you all for dinner that night! But given a choice, I'd rather ride with a friend or three than with a few hundred people I don't know. 😀 In any case, my husband and I would stay over Saturday night after dinner and drive ourselves home Sunday, so if I use one of your car seats on the way over, you could use it on the way home to hold all your chocolates and any other purchases.

I don't currently plan to do the master classes, so a ride on Friday would be my preference. I do know Buffalo reasonably well, and can navigate you to the hotel.

Let me know if I might fit into your travel plans, please!

Hi there Melissa!  I will be passing through Syracuse on my way. Happy to share the ride!

Audrey Brown

Audrey Brown

On 2/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, MelissaH said:

Will anyone who is coming to the workshop in Buffalo be driving there across the NY State Thruway (I-90) with an extra seat in the car? There are a number of convenient meeting places at various exits in the Syracuse area (from I-481, exit 34A, over to Weedsport, exit 40). Or if you're taking the scenic route, NY 104 along the south shore of Lake Ontario, that goes right through my hometown.

My husband, who some of you may remember from the last workshop at Niagara College, would like to come to the dinner on Saturday night. He won't be able to attend the Saturday workshop because he needs to attend the university commencement exercises Saturday morning, a 2.5 hour drive away. We're a one-car family, so if I drive myself over on Friday, my husband has no way to get there for dinner. So I could either drive over with my husband for the Saturday night dinner (only) or to catch a ride over with someone who will be passing through so I can participate more fully, and my husband will come when the ceremonies are done and join us all for dinner. Or I could take a train, but that's less easy if I want to bring a box of tools with me. The Exchange St station is right around the corner from the hotel, and there are 3 trains that are scheduled to get there from Syracuse on Friday. One of them might even get me into town early enough to join you all for dinner that night! But given a choice, I'd rather ride with a friend or three than with a few hundred people I don't know. 😀 In any case, my husband and I would stay over Saturday night after dinner and drive ourselves home Sunday, so if I use one of your car seats on the way over, you could use it on the way home to hold all your chocolates and any other purchases.

I don't currently plan to do the master classes, so a ride on Friday would be my preference. I do know Buffalo reasonably well, and can navigate you to the hotel.

Let me know if I might fit into your travel plans, please!