• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

pastrygirl

My supplier decided that cocoa butter is now special order so I had to buy a case. And now I have an excessive amount of cocoa butter, anyone need any?  

Cacao Barry cocoa butter pistoles with a best by date of April 2021   $66 for the 3 kg tub or $22 per kg plus shipping. 

7CD8A8BB-AC09-42CC-9F4C-FEBA21ECFD6F.thumb.jpeg.eb8a29951064f8e794403ba28d4bf3ab.jpeg3A109049-4F9E-4131-81E9-E092EF47E173.thumb.jpeg.69e2052e7e394fdfc78ad845da6acaa9.jpeg 

• 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, Rick Reese said:

Do you still happen to have any left? I'm setting up a new facility just south of you on Harstine island and could use 2-3 containers

Hi Rick,  Yes I still have one sealed tub available.  Do you ever get up to Seattle?  My kitchen is in Georgetown, I could meet you there. 

Or if you're using a lot and need more, this was from Peterson in Auburn.   I think they have a pretty wide delivery area but give them a call 800-735-0313

I have a flight out of Sea-Tac on the morning of Sept 18. to Las Vegas. I'll be attending two of Melissa Coppel's courses. Maybe I could stop by your shop on the way? You can also email me at rick@goldensignaturegifts.com

10 minutes ago, Rick Reese said:

I don't fly back until Sunday the 29th at 11:45 am. I don't expect you would be working on a Sunday.

I usually do work Sundays so that’s not a problem. I can pencil you in for the 29th around 1pm. 

6564 5th Ave S - take 509 North to Michigan St then a right at Counterbalance Brewing. Look for the huge Equinox Studios sign on the roof of my building and Dolcetta Artisan Sweets on the door. 

• Similar Content

• By KTM
      Hello friends,

We recently got our selmi plus ex and have had a handful of successful runs. So far mostly with our enrobing line. 

Theres been 2 occasions now that I have noticed when tempering the machine is cooling past the target temp. When it does this it goes down into the 28c range and the screw pump has to shut off due to the temp and viscosity. 

I also noticed the manual is pretty light on operational procedures. 

The 2 things I can think of that might be causing this other then an equipment error is 
      the chocolate used is to thick or there is a build up of chocolate around the temperature probe near the faucet. 

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue before. 
    • By ShylahSinger
      Hello! I'm fairly new to this site so I don't know if my search was weak. I'm trying to find a way to make Mandarin orange puree at home, but I couldn't find anything even similar in the forum. I am a home cook, but I have been making chocolate bonbons and other confections for over 4 years (intermitantly). It is too expensive for me to purchase this online- not because of the price of the puree, but the cost of shipping makes it prohibative. The recipes I've seen online are all differant and don't seem to be what I need. 
      I would love any help with this! I look forward to hearing and learning from those who have much, much more experience than me. Thanks!
    • By Darienne
      In hopes of sleeping better, etc, etc, I have currently given up gluten, dairy and now sugar.  The gluten and dairy pose no problems...the sugar does.  I am not happy using mannitol or erythritol or any of those artificial sweeteners...they give me severe digestive problems.   But I can tolerate stevia very nicely.  The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be much sweetened with this ingredient.

I do have a carob/coconut oil/peanut butter/stevia candy of sorts.  I don't really like it all that much, but it does work.  That's about it.

Has anyone any recipes for desserts using stevia?  Thanks.
    • By Darienne
      A quite unusual take on the favorite American chocolate bar: click
    • By ShylahSinger
      Help! I am an amateur and make chocolate truffles, bonbons, and caramels for friends and family. I made some soft caramel for filling molded bonbons. The flavor and consistency are fine, but the caramel is filled with bubbles. I don't know how to get the air bubbles out, and am concerned using it in my molded chocolates. I would like to know if it is okay to use. I have been making confections for about four years and this is the first time this has happened. I would really appreciate any help! I'm new to the forum and don't know anyone yet.