• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

14 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@shain – is that dill in your tzatziki?  The last time I made my tzatziki, I thought it needed a little zhushing up.  My recipe has no ‘greenery’ other than cucumber.  It is an old Martha Rose Shulman recipe that we’ve loved for years, but I found it a little flat last time. 

Mint and dill.

- 2 cucumbers (the small kind, Persian, I believe)

- 2 small courgettes (make sure it's tasty enough to eat raw, otherwise use more cucumbers)

- 1 tsp salt

>> Grate, mix with salt and let drain.

- 400-500g thick yogurt

- 3 minced garlic cloves

- leaves from two small bunches of mint, minced (~40g)

- leaves from one small bunch of dill, minced (~20g)

- salt and pepper to taste

>> Mix with the salted cucumbers. Season to taste. Add a bit of vinegar if it's not tart enough.

>> Let it sit for at least an hour.

shain

shain

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@shain – is that dill in your tzatziki?  The last time I made my tzatziki, I thought it needed a little zhushing up.  My recipe has no ‘greenery’ other than cucumber.  It is an old Martha Rose Shulman recipe that we’ve loved for years, but I found it a little flat last time. 

Mint and dill.

- 2 small courgettes (make sure it's tasty enough to eat raw, otherwise use more cucumbers)

- 1 tsp salt

- 400-500g thick yogurt

- minced garlic cloves

>> Mix with the salted cucumbers. Season to taste. Add a bit of vinegar if it's not tart enough.

shain

shain

2 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Mint and dil.

- 1 tsp salt

- 400-500g thick yogurt

- minced garlic cloves