• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I’ve been looking for this cool little tool for a while now.  Something mandolin-like to slice small cucumbers, carrots, radishes, etc. for salads, but small enough that I could keep it in my knife drawer where I could get to it easily:

DSCN0226.JPG.22ed569c3da08e67884f472dd4812027.JPG

It was hard to tell in the packaging how thick it would cut, but it was only about $4 at Marshall’s. 

A few years back, these cucumber slicers were a craze here - not for culinary use however. People (women) were slapping slices of cuke all over their faces for some supposed therapeutic benefit. The craze stopped as suddenly as it started.

Not before I did buy one however. Hardly ever used it and have no idea where it is now. Never slapped cuke to my visage, though.

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I’ve been looking for this cool little tool for a while now.  Something mandolin-like to slice small cucumbers, carrots, radishes, etc. for salads, but small enough that I could keep it in my knife drawer where I could get to it easily:

DSCN0226.JPG.22ed569c3da08e67884f472dd4812027.JPG

It was hard to tell in the packaging how thick it would cut, but it was only about $4 at Marshall’s. 

A few years back, these cucumber slicers were a craze here - not for culinary use however. People (women) were slapping s,lices of cuke all over their faces for some supposed therapeutic benefit. The craze stopped as suddenly as it started.

Not before I did buy one however. Hardly ever used it and have no idea where it is now. Never slapped cuke to my visage, though.