• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

It was several years ago when a farmer here in Kansas started raising vintage breed turkeys for sale. It started a company called Heritage Foods which took the idea and expanded it to all kinds of food and is headquartered in NYC now.  I plan to have some heritage ham for Thanksgiving along with a more commercial turkey. They sent me a catalog that had Korean BBQ Wagyu ribs (beef) which I ordered and expect to get here tomorrow. Today I made some spicy Korean pork to go with it and a couple of steaks for today but Charlie wanted to have the pork today and there is a lot of it so I did some on the grill and that was our dinner.

20191001_170111.jpg

20191001_170525.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

It was several years ago when a farmer here in Kansas started raising vintage breed turkeys for sale. It started a company called Heritage Foods which took the idea and expanded it to all kinds of food and in headquartered in NYC now.  I plan to have some heritage ham for Thanksgiving along with a more commercial turkey. They sent me a catalog that had Korean BBQ Wagyu ribs (beef) which I ordered and expect to get here tomorrow. Today I made some spicy Korean pork to go with it and a couple of steaks for today but Charlie wanted to have the pork today and there is a lot of it so I did some on the grill and that was our dinner.

20191001_170111.jpg

20191001_170525.jpg