• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Rural Spain, Alajár, in the Sierra de Aracena. One of the least visited corners of Spain. If you don't like silence and the simple life then you'd be extremely miserable here. Meanwhile I go to extraordinary lengths to avoid people and noise. Like this!6GxbhA4.jpg

The only restaurant in the village that opens for dinner on weekdays doesn't open until 9pm, so I was drinking some beer by the pool until then.

fBj1vrA.jpg

From where I was sitting. Hiked to the white arch up there today for marvellous views of the village.

TI56flD.jpg

Finally dinner.

3HSQfNM.jpg

Spanish olives and oils are the best to me.

CRd5iBn.jpg

Sabores de la sierra.Only Ibérico pork products here in this area of Spain. If you want normal white pork then there's no point and you've come to the wrong place. Braised pork cheeks, with sauce underneath.

nbOxwNE.jpg

Pan-fried pork fillet. Ibérico pork is dark and tender it's fine to drink red wine with it.

vAYlhJa.jpg

Last rooftop picnic in Portugal. Black pork charcuterie from Alentejo state (Portugal has the same Ibérico black pigs as in Spain).

N33wZjz.jpg

Fresh goat's cheese and Portuguese craft beers

ueiP39M.jpg

6JM4Dcg.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Rural Spain, Alajár, in the Sierra de Aracena. One of the least visited corners of Spain. If you don't like silence and the simple life then you'd be extremely miserable here. Meanwhile I go to extraordinary lengths to avoid people and noise. Like this!6GxbhA4.jpg

The only restaurant in the village that opens for dinner on weekdays doesn't open until 9pm, so I was drinking some beer by the pool until then.

fBj1vrA.jpg

From where I was sitting. Hiked to the white arch up there today for the marvellous views of the village.

TI56flD.jpg

Finally dinner.

3HSQfNM.jpg

CRd5iBn.jpg

Sabores de la sierra.Only Ibérico pork products here in this area of Spain. If you want normal white pork then there's no point and you've come to the wrong place. Braised pork cheeks, with sauce underneath.

nbOxwNE.jpg

Pan-fried pork fillet. Ibérico pork is dark and tender it's fine to drink red wine with it.

vAYlhJa.jpg

Last rooftop picnic in Portugal. Black pork charcuterie from Alentejo state (Portugal has the same Ibérico black pigs as in Spain).

N33wZjz.jpg

ueiP39M.jpg

6JM4Dcg.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Rural Spain, Alajár, in the Sierra de Aracena. One of the least visited corners of Spain. If you don't like silence and the simple life then you'd be extremely miserable. Meanwhile I go to extraordinary lengths to avoid people and noise.6GxbhA4.jpg

fBj1vrA.jpg

From where I was sitting. Hiked to the white arch up there today for the marvellous views of the village.

TI56flD.jpg

Finally dinner.

3HSQfNM.jpg

CRd5iBn.jpg

nbOxwNE.jpg

vAYlhJa.jpg

N33wZjz.jpg

ueiP39M.jpg

6JM4Dcg.jpg