• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 2/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, gfweb said:

Pork is cooked separately in the  SV machine (139 F x 3 hours) with a few sprigs of thyme.

The apples and onion were braised in apple juice that then was strained and put in the sauce.

Sauce is apple juice and chicken stock in equal parts....tsp or more dijon depending on volume...sauteed garlic....reduced about 50% till I like the taste...whisked in 2 tsp butter...salt and pepper and serve.

I apologize for the imprecision, but its one of those ones I've done for so long I just go by feel.

Do you remember what size the pork loin was?  I am definitely doing this - with the BS.

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

On 2/4/2019 at 12:58 PM, gfweb said:

Pork is cooked separately in the  SV machine (139 F x 3 hours) with a few sprigs of thyme.

The apples and onion were braised in apple juice that then was strained and put in the sauce.

Sauce is apple juice and chicken stock in equal parts....tsp or more dijon depending on volume...sauteed garlic....reduced about 50% till I like the taste...whisked in 2 tsp butter...salt and pepper and serve.

I apologize for the imprecision, but its one of those ones I've done for so long I just go by feel.

Do you remember what size the pork loin was?  I am definitely doing this.