• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

My most recent dinners are not at home even though I actually cooked them. I brought with me a couple of things from home knowing the town would be closed all day. Both the tofu and asparagus were steamed. The red stuff is prawn roe .

TQsw3P3.jpg

y63GhnO.jpg

Local rye bread

DJ6ow3B.jpg

I even brought a bunch of beer from home.

1AQ9Nwz.jpg

Today: sharp daikon, Duroc pork loin and new potatoes.

h8Kjkbl.jpg

Rarely eat pork at home unless it's Iberico, Berkshire, or some interesting and higher-welfare breed. This one is Duroc from a farm in north Germany (where I'm on holiday at the moment).

hRP0l0E.jpg

Smoked Speck to render the fat for the cooking.

VjB049I.jpg

Daikon and tops were stir-fried with Speck.

QmWFbQx.jpg

Found a drink shop today and picked up a few German craft beers. This one is brewed in a small town 16km from here by 2 hobby brewers. Label is home-printed. I've just read that the whole family helps with bottling, labelling and things like that.

0sVxHRW.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

My most recent 2 dinners are not at home even though I actually cooked them. I bought with me a couple of things from home knowing the town would be closed all day. Both the tofu and asparagus were steamed. The red stuff is prawn roe .

TQsw3P3.jpg

y63GhnO.jpg

Local rye bread

DJ6ow3B.jpg

I even brought a bunch of beer from home.

1AQ9Nwz.jpg

Today: sharp daikon, Duroc pork loin and new potatoes.

h8Kjkbl.jpg

Rarely eat pork at home unless it's Iberico, Berkshire, or some interesting and higher-welfare breed. This one is Duroc from a farm in north Germany (where I'm on holiday at the moment).

hRP0l0E.jpg

Smoked Speck to render the fat for the cooking.

VjB049I.jpg

Daikon and tops were stir-fried with Speck.

QmWFbQx.jpg

Found a drink shop today and picked up a few German craft beers. This one is brewed in a small town 16km from here by 2 hobby brewers. Label is home-printed. I've just read that the whole family helps with bottling, labelling and things like that.

0sVxHRW.jpg