• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

Went to a nearby (5 minute walk) trendy spot in Lisbon's Cais do Sodre district, Taberna Tosca.  I had the pork cheeks in a delicious wild mushroom wine broth, topped with crispy sweet potato shards....the meat so tender it fell apart with my spoon.  DH had a tempura shrimp pancake with green curry sauce....nice clean fry, excellent batter and sauce.   My pictures do not do the dishes justice.  

Excellent Portuguese red wines, meal with wine was 30 euros.  

taverna toska.jpg

porksheeks.jpg

shrimppancake.jpg

gulfporter

gulfporter

Went to a nearby (5 minute walk) trendy spot, Taberna Tosca.  I had the pork cheeks in a delicious wild mushroom wine broth, topped with crispy sweet potato shards....the meat so tender it fell apart with my spoon.  DH had a tempura shrimp pancake with green curry sauce....nice clean fry, excellent batter and sauce.   My pictures do not do the dishes justice.  

Excellent Portuguese red wines, meal with wine was 30 euros.  

taverna toska.jpg

porksheeks.jpg

shrimppancake.jpg