• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

21 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Deep frying a turkey strikes me as 

something that can be done

but after watching others , including AltonBrown and the Folks @ DeepRunRoots  aka The Chef and the Farmer

do it , 

My curiosity moves on to other things to do.

granted , this  might become your calling

I wouldn't want to take that away from you

Oh it can definitely be done, is worthwhile, and is delicious!

Thank you for the Alton video about the displacement admonition with water and to @curls for her wise advice on the same matter. Perhaps if we had done that beforehand, the experiences would have been much less iffy and scary.

Still worth doing if you have help and plenty of folks to eat up that delicious turkey, though. This method has ALWAYS resulted in the most delicious turkey I have ever experienced and this is with Big Ag farm raised and frozen specimens. 

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

9 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Deep frying a turkey strikes me as 

something that can be done

but after watching others , including AltonBrown and the Folks @ DeepRunRoots  aka The Chef and the Farmer

do it , 

My curiosity moves on to other things to do.

granted , this  might become your calling

I wouldn't want to take that away from you

Oh it can definitely be done, is worthwhile, and is delicious!

Thank you for the Alton video about the displacement admonition with water and to @Lisa Shock, for her wise advice on the same matter. Perhaps if we had done that beforehand, the experiences would have been much less iffy and scary.

Still worth doing if you have help and plenty of folks to eat up that delicious turkey, though. This method has ALWAYS resulted in the most delicious turkey I have ever experienced and this is with Big Ag farm raised and frozen specimens.