• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is an answer to @ElsieD' s problem of Napa cabbage being too much for her needs (If she can find them). Many needs I would think.

Also available are 娃娃菜 (Mand: wá wá cài; Cant: waa1 waa1 coi3) which is 'baby cabbage', a small growing version of Napa. Particularly popular in Sichuan, but available widely.  Perhaps bizarrely, these are sold in supermarkets in packs of three, rather defeating the point. However, I am able to buy them separately in wet/farmer's markets.

wawacai.thumb.jpg.bdb819285540f0f819316e166d20d778.jpg

I didn't measure them, but they are about ⅓ of the size of Napa. I'm glad they are clean!

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is an answer to @ElsieD' s problem of Napa cabbage being too much for her needs (If she can find them). Many needs I would think.

Also available are 娃娃菜 (Mand: wá wá cài; Cant: waa1 waa1 coi3) which is 'baby cabbage', a small growing version of Napa. Particularly popular in Sichuan, but available widely.  Perhaps bizarrely, these are sold in supermarkets in packs of three, rather defeating the point. However, I am able to buy them separately in wet/farmer's markets.

I didn't measure them, but they are about ⅓ of the size of Napa. I'm glad they are clean!

liuzhou

liuzhou

Also available are 娃娃菜 (Mand: wá wá cà; Cant: waa1 waa1 coi3) which is 'baby cabbage', a small growing version of Napa. Particularly popular in Sichuan, but available widely.  Perhaps bizarrely, these are sold in supermarkets in packs of three, rather defeating the point. However, I am able to buy them separately in wet/farmer's markets.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is an answer to @ElsieD' s problem of Napa cabbage being too much for her needs If she can find them). Many needs I would think.

Also available are 娃娃菜 (Mand: wá wá cà; Cant: waa1 waa1 coi3) which is 'baby cabbage', a small growing version of Napa. Particularly popular in Sichuan, but available widely.  Perhaps bizarrely, these are sold in supermarkets in packs of three, rather defeating the point. However, I am able to buy them separately in wet/farmer's markets.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Here is an answer to @ElsieD' s problem of Napa cabbage being too much for her needs If she can find them). Many needs I would think.

Also available are 娃娃菜 (M: wá wá cà; 😄 waa1 waa1 coi3) which is 'baby cabbage', a small growing version of Napa. Particularly popular in Sichuan, but available widely.  Perhaps bizarrely, these are sold in supermarkets in packs of three, rather defeating the point. However, I am able to buy them separately in wet/farmer's markets.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Also available are 娃娃菜 (M: wá wá cà; 😄 waa1 waa1 coi3) which is 'baby cabbage', a small growing version of Napa. Particularly popular in Sichuan, but available widely.  Perhaps bizarrely, these are sold in supermarkets in packs of three, rather missing the point.defeating. However, I am able to buy them separately in wet/farmer's markets.