• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining in Tulsa

There is a new Mexican restaurant in Tulsa.  Fabulosos Mariscos A La Antigua  For the almost 20 years that I have lived here all Mexican restaurants were the same.  Same menu, same recipes, on and on.  There is this new place created by a chef who is from Puerto Vallarta and he brought his recipes with him.  There is no refried beans, no Mexican rice, no tacos, no burritos and on and on.  For lunch I had a Filetes de Pescado grilled and topped with a spicy garlic butter sauce.  Presentation was refreshing, service was a bit slow but the quality of the food more than made up for it.  I was sopping the sauce with the griddled slice of french bread that was on the plate.  Oh, no chips and salsa  except for  a very nice and very spicy house made salsa, a piquant tomatillo salsa and a small dish of ceviche.  This place was so refreshing.  And it was not a corporate from Austin invading.  We are getting a lot of that these days.  

*edited to correct spelling

Edited by joiei (log)
  • Like 5

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 6:45 PM, Chris Hennes said:

Sounds excellent, they should feel free to open an outpost in Norman! I should be in Tulsa later this fall, I'll try to check them out then. It looks like some nights they have a live band, too.

When you all are here try to get over to The Gathering Place.  The Gathering Place  It is our new city park on the river and it opened today.  Took 3 years to build.  Amazing place.  We are very thankful to the George Kaiser Family Foundation and this wonderful gift to Tulsa.  Sorry for getting off topic.  

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!