• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

8 hours ago, Anna N said:

Why would you not share a recipe?   I don’t understand this kind of thinking.

Yeah! That!

Well, I do think there are reasons that may make sense. If it's something that's a cornerstone of a business. I wouldn't expect the recipe to be easily shared.

Or, if it's a favorite at a family or or a community gathering, and it's a real stand-out. I suppose the holder of the recipe wants to maintain their celebrity.

Such is the case with a unique cheesecake recipe that I'd love to get my hands on. But the holder refuses to share.

Said person does like booze at times and I'm waiting for a moment of weakness! :laugh:

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

8 hours ago, Anna N said:

Why would you not share a recipe?   I don’t understand this kind of thinking.

Yeah! That!

Well, I do think there are reasons that may make sense. If it's something that's a cornerstone of a business. I wouldn't expect the recipe to be easily shared.

Or, if it's a favorite at a family or or a community gathering, and it's a real stand-out. I suppose the holder of the recipe wants to maintain their celebrity.

Such is the case with a unique cheesecake recipe that I'd love to get my hands. But the holder refuses to share.

Said person does like booze at times and I'm waiting for a moment of weakness! :laugh: