• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

Event Dates: May 18-19, 2019

St. Louis, MO Forest Park Community College Hospitality Building 

Master Class: May 17

We have our hotel room blocked off:

Marriott Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, located at 2340 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63103, (314) 241-9111 or (800) 321-2211

$129 + 16.429%; free parking

Rates and rooms are secure until Thursday, April 25, 2019

When making reservations, identify yourself as part of the Egullet Chocolate and Confection Workshop group staying at the Courtyard St Louis
Downtown West, located at 2340 Market Street at Jefferson, St. Louis, MO 63103.

A few thoughts:

1. This hotel is about 7 minutes to the venue, and its right downtown with a short walk to the amazingly renovated Arch and all the downtown sightseeing spots. It is also right around the corner from the City Museum which is the coolest adult (and child) playground anywhere...really! Parking is free at the workshop site, but because its so close I'd encourage folks to share a Lyft or Uber. I would be surprised if its more than $5 each way. My restaurant is right in the middle of the two locations FWIW. The workshop site is across the highway from Forest Park which has our Art Museum, Zoo, History Museum, Science Museum...all of which are free because that's how we roll in St. Louis.

2. There are closer hotels including one that is next to the college, but none would let me block rooms because this is the same weekend as graduation for both Washington University and St. Louis University. My guess is you can book rooms on your own, and they may even be a bit cheaper. Try these out if you wish. We haven't locked any special events in yet, but the only one that might sway your housing decision is the Friday night show-n-tell social which traditionally has been held at the host hotel, but I'm leaning toward closing my restaurant and having it there as a private event. Stay tuned for that.

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park; 5650 Oakland Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110(314) 655-3993 (CLOSEST OPTION)

Holiday Inn St. Louis - Forest Park; 5915 Wilson Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110(314) 645-0700 (CLOSE AND A BIT CHEAPER)

Red Roof PLUS+ St Louis - Forest Park/Hampton Avenue; 5823 Wilson Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110•(314) 645-0101 (REALLY CHEAP AND YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, BUT CLOSE)

3. The hotel has rooms blocked off for a few days before and after the event for anyone wanting a vacation.

I will be posting about registration over the weekend. There's plenty of spaces so don't worry about getting your hotel before registering. Even on the Master Class you will have plenty of time to register.

Questions?

gfron1

gfron1

Event Dates: May 18-19, 2019

St. Louis, MO Forest Park Community College Hospitality Building Master Class: May 17

We have our hotel room blocked off:

Marriott Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, located at 2340 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63103, (314) 241-9111 or (800) 321-2211

$129 + 16.429%; free parking

Rates and rooms are secure until Thursday, April 25, 2019

When making reservations, identify yourself as part of the Egullet Chocolate and Confection Workshop group staying at the Courtyard St Louis
Downtown West, located at 2340 Market Street at Jefferson, St. Louis, MO 63103.

A few thoughts:

1. This hotel is about 7 minutes to the venue, and its right downtown with a short walk to the amazingly renovated Arch and all the downtown sightseeing spots. It is also right around the corner from the City Museum which is the coolest adult (and child) playground anywhere...really! Parking is free at the workshop site, but because its so close I'd encourage folks to share a Lyft or Uber. I would be surprised if its more than $5 each way. My restaurant is right in the middle of the two locations FWIW. The workshop site is across the highway from Forest Park which has our Art Museum, Zoo, History Museum, Science Museum...all of which are free because that's how we roll in St. Louis.

2. There are closer hotels including one that is next to the college, but none would let me block rooms because this is the same weekend as graduation for both Washington University and St. Louis University. My guess is you can book rooms on your own, and they may even be a bit cheaper. Try these out if you wish. We haven't locked any special events in yet, but the only one that might sway your housing decision is the Friday night show-n-tell social which traditionally has been held at the host hotel, but I'm leaning toward closing my restaurant and having it there as a private event. Stay tuned for that.

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis at Forest Park; 5650 Oakland Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110(314) 655-3993 (CLOSEST OPTION)

Holiday Inn St. Louis - Forest Park; 5915 Wilson Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110(314) 645-0700 (CLOSE AND A BIT CHEAPER)

Red Roof PLUS+ St Louis - Forest Park/Hampton Avenue; 5823 Wilson Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110•(314) 645-0101 (REALLY CHEAP AND YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, BUT CLOSE)

3. The hotel has rooms blocked off for a few days before and after the event for anyone wanting a vacation.

I will be posting about registration over the weekend. There's plenty of spaces so don't worry about getting your hotel before registering. Even on the Master Class you will have plenty of time to register.

Questions?