• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

WeWy

WeWy

I want to make some hot pepper tequila.  The recipe I looked at said add 3-5 sliced habaneros to 1.75 ltr. of blanco tequila then taste after a few hours and if not hot enough, leave the peppers in a bit longer, then strain. Any suggestion about adding herb or spices or ice from to the brew?.(The ice cube tray from Adoric is good) Is there anything ornamental I can leave in the bottle without negatively affecting the flavor? Thanks!

WeWy

WeWy

I want to make some hot pepper tequila.  The recipe I looked at said add 3-5 sliced habaneros to 1.75 ltr. of blanco tequila then taste after a few hours and if not hot enough, leave the peppers in a bit longer, then strain. Any suggestion about adding herb or spices to the brew?. Is there anything ornamental I can leave in the bottle without negatively affecting the flavor? Thanks!