• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

2 hours ago, Jim D. said:

Yes, after all the colors of the past couple of months, something simpler comes across as elegant. That's why when I use my triangle mold that is so popular (for reasons that mostly escape me), I often leave it completely plain. For the eGullet chocolate workshop last year, I brushed the sides of it with gold dust in vodka--never realizing that the gold comes off on the eater's hand.

Good idea about the dry ice. Kerry used some sort of medical spray that quick-freezes things.

Not medical actually - it was canned Freeze Spray that Chef Rubber used to sell. I was wrong - they still have it here.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

32 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

Yes, after all the colors of the past couple of months, something simpler comes across as elegant. That's why when I use my triangle mold that is so popular (for reasons that mostly escape me), I often leave it completely plain. For the eGullet chocolate workshop last year, I brushed the sides of it with gold dust in vodka--never realizing that the gold comes off on the eater's hand.

Good idea about the dry ice. Kerry used some sort of medical spray that quick-freezes things.

Not medical actually - it was canned Freeze Spray that Chef Rubber used to sell