• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfron1

gfron1

I remember having a conversation about sharing of info after our first Vegas workshop. Its tough because yes, I've paid a hefty amount of money to learn this material which I don't have that kind of cash laying around, but also, we as a forum community have always prided ourselves on sharing of knowledge. My attitude is that I will happily share anything with folks at the eG workshops because it shows that there's a commitment of resources (time and or money) to value the knowledge. Here in the forum, I'm always happy to share my work for inspiration knowing that many, many of us can dissect a picture and figure it out for ourselves; and share key learnings as we've already done. I mean really, how many times have Kerry, James and I (and countless others) explained the tempering process or how to spray cocoa butter? I doubt anyone who has been on the forum for more than a day would call us stingy with information. 

ETA: I was reminded that Andrey is trying to make a living off of sharing his knowledge through the workshops, so while sharing is always encouraged in the chocolate world, consideration for expertise is necessary.

gfron1

gfron1

I remember having a conversation about sharing of info after our first Vegas workshop. Its tough because yes, I've paid a hefty amount of money to learn this material which I don't have that kind of cash laying around, but also, we as a forum community have always prided ourselves on sharing of knowledge. My attitude is that I will happily share anything with folks at the eG workshops because it shows that there's a commitment of resources (time and or money) to value the knowledge. Here in the forum, I'm always happy to share my work for inspiration knowing that many, many of us can dissect a picture and figure it out for ourselves; and share key learnings as we've already done. I mean really, how many times have Kerry, James and I (and countless others) explained the tempering process or how to spray cocoa butter? I doubt anyone who has been on the forum for more than a day would call us stingy with information. 

ETA: I was reminded that Andrey is trying to make a living off of sharing his knowledge through the workshops, so while sharing is always encouraged in the chocolate world, consideration for expertise is necessary.

The other thing is we're right in the middle of the workshop so we haven't really had time to digest all the info yet.

I took the comment to mean that some of us already are sharing. I didn't take that negatively.

gfron1

gfron1

The other thing is we're right in the middle of the workshop so we haven't really had time to digest all the info yet.

I took the comment to mean that some of us already are sharing. I didn't take that negatively.