• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

So I spoke with Andry about using my Fuji instead of adding yet another compressor to my stable of tools - he said it would likely be fine except for the 'eye' technique. A bit of fiddling around with a funny little paasche brush that I have, used only to blow air and not cocoa butter - I think I might just get away with my Iwata table top compressor. I sure hope so because I'm heading north in the middle of this course and I'm not sure I want to take all my Paasche stuff as well as the Fuji. Might mean I can't take all my other toys along!

I have an older Iwata brush I bought years ago - I have no idea what size the needle is - nor any idea how to figure it out. I don't see any writing on it anywhere. 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

So I spoke with Andry about using my Fuji instead of adding yet another compressor to my stable of tools - he said it would likely be fine except for the 'eye' technique. A bit of fiddling around with a funny little paasche brush that I have, used only to blow air and not cocoa butter - I think I might just get away with my Iwata table top compressor. I sure hope so because I'm heading north in the middle of this course and I'm not sure I want to take all my Paasche stuff as well as the Fuji. Might mean I can't take all my other toys along!