• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

After reading this thread, I'm going to order some of the Anson Mills rice, which I've never had before.  

Their polenta is my very favorite on the planet, though, and I can't recommend it enough.  The other corn products have a justly-earned rep, but I personally think there are a lot of good cornmeals out there, if we're talking basic cornbread opportunities.  

That said -- I hate how at Anson Mills you have to either buy a tiny pouch of an item or 10 pounds.  I don't get why this works for mail order.  By "works" I mean works for the retail consumer.  Sigh.  

SLB

SLB

After reading this thread, I'm going to order some of the Anson Mills rice, which I've never had before.  

Their polenta is my very favorite on the planet, though, and I can't recommend it enough.  The other corn products have a justly-earned rep, but I personally think there are a lot of good cornmeals out there, if we're talking basic cornbread opportunities.  

That said -- I hate how you have to either buy a tiny pouch of an item or 10 pounds.  I don't get why this works for mail order.  By "works" I mean works for the retail consumer.  Sigh.  

SLB

SLB

Their polenta is my very favorite on the planet, though.  The other corn products have a justly-earned rep, but actually think there are a lot of good cornmeals out there.  

That said -- I hate how you have to either buy a tiny pouch of an item or 10 pounds.  I don't get why this works for mail order.  By "works" I mean works for the retail consumer.  Sigh.