• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

Bad grammar

During the week, I’m mostly a repeater.  On the weekends when I have more time, I try to cook something new.  I’m lucky in that I spend  the weekends with my boyfriend(although that seems like an odd term since we’re in our 60‘s) who will eat anything and declare it the best he’s ever eaten.   His nonna was born in Naples so I’m a little nervous when I cook Italian but everything I cook he thinks is as good as or better than hers.  It may just be positive reinforcement but he’s always willing to go out for dinner and we have lots of choices around here.  I certainly get lots of inspiration from folks here.

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

During the week, I’m mostly a repeater.  On the weekends when I have more time, I try to cook something new.  I’m lucky in that I spend  the weekends with my boyfriend(although that seems like an odd term since we’re in our 60‘s) who will eat anything and declare it the best he’s ever eaten.   His nonna was born in Naples so I’m a little nervous when I cook Italian but everything I cook he thinks is as good as or better than hers.  It may just be positive reinforcement but he’s always willing to go out for dinner and we have lots of choices around here.  I certainly gets lots of inspiration from folks here.