• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Craig E

Craig E

typo

Happy 'Rack
by Jordan Devereaux, Chemistry of the Cocktail

• 1 oz Apple brandy, Clear Creek 2 Year
  • 1/2 oz Applejack, Lairds
  • 1/2 oz Batavia Arrack, Van Oosten
  • 3/4 oz Lemon juice
  • 1/4 oz Grenadine
  • 1/4 oz Allspice Dram
  • 1/4 oz Simple syrup (optional)
  • 1 pn Nutmeg (as garnish; optional)

Shake, strain, up.

I'm out of the Clear Creek so I just used 1 1/2 oz Laird's bonded for the base spirit. At the suggestion of a commenter at Kindred, I doubled the grenadine in place of the simple. Used homemade grenadine and homemade dram (which I poured a bit skinny as it's potent stuff). Plum forgot the nutmeg.

This was delicious. Maybe more autumnal tasting for mid-May, but a very appealing mix of flavors. ★★★★★

Happyrack 1.png

Craig E

Craig E

Happy 'Rack
by Jordan Devereaux, Chemistry of the Cocktail

• 1 oz Apple brandy, Clear Creek 2 Year
  • 1/2 oz Applejack, Lairds
  • 1/2 oz Batavia Arrack, Van Oosten
  • 3/4 oz Lemon juice
  • 1/4 oz Grenadine
  • 1/4 oz Allspice Dram
  • 1/4 oz Simple syrup (optional)
  • 1 pn Nutmeg (as garnish; optional)

Shake, strain, up.

I'm out of the Clear Creek so I just used 1 1/2 oz Laird's bonded for the base spirit. At the suggestion of a commenter at Kindred, I doubled the grenadine in place of the simple. Use homemade grenadine and homemade dram (which I poured a bit skinny as it's potent stuff). Plum forgot the nutmeg.

This was delicious. Maybe more autumnal tasting for mid-May, but a very appealing mix of flavors. ★★★★★

Happyrack 1.png