• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I just made the Raw Brussel Sprouts with Lemon, Anchovy, Walnuts & Pecorino. The recipe can be found here

It was ok, it didn't taste like brussel sprouts, it tasted like a Caesar salad but with a different texture. It was a taste as you go dish, I love how McFadden said, "Did I really only call for half a lemon? Can I get another half?" Imo, it did need more than half a lemon and some black pepper too.

I have plans to devour this later tonight, but honestly, it's not going into my rotation. It's a tad ordinary. And I love brussel sprouts, I have several tried-and-true recipes that I never tire of, so it's hard to keep brussel sprouts around here.

I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Smokeydoke

Smokeydoke

I just made the Raw Brussel Sprouts with Lemon, Anchovy, Walnuts & Pecorino. The recipe can be found here

It was ok, it didn't taste like brussel sprouts, it tasted like a Caesar salad but with a different texture. It was a taste as you go dish, I love how McFadden said, " Did I really only call for half a lemon? Can I get another half? " Imo, it did need more than half a lemon and some black pepper too.

I have plans to devour this later tonight, but honestly, it's not going into my rotation. It's a tad ordinary. And I love brussel sprouts, I have several tried-and-true recipes that I never tire of, so it's hard to keep brussel sprouts around here.

I'll post pics when I get a chance.