• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, kayb said:

It's the visual that does me in. Reminds me too much of souse meat, which I could not eat because I watched it get made in the big kettle when we killed hogs when I was a kid.

I have gotten over many childhood aversions. That is not one of them.

That is very interesting because it was my love of scrapple and my love of the Naam Khao Tod at my absolute favorite restaurant in Las Vegas, Lotus of Siam,  made with fermented sausage, that made me decide that I would love to try souse, and perhaps make some myself.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, kayb said:

It's the visual that does me in. Reminds me too much of souse meat, which I could not eat because I watched it get made in the big kettle when we killed hogs when I was a kid.

That is very interesting because it was my love of scrapple and my love of the Naam Khao Tod at my absolute favorite restaurant in Las Vegas, Lotus of Siam,  made with fermented sausage, that made me decide that I would love to try souse, and perhaps make some myself.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

2 hours ago, kayb said:

That is very interesting because it was my love of scrapple and my love of the Naam Khao Tod at my absolute favorite restaurant in Las Vegas, Lotus of Siam, made with fermented sausage, that made me decide that I would love to try souse, and perhaps make some myself.

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

1 hour ago, kayb said:

That is very interesting because it was my love of scrapple and my love of the Naam Khao Tod at my absolute favorite restaurant in Las Vegas, Lotus of Siam, that I decided that I would love to try souse, and perhaps make some myself.

HC