• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

10 hours ago, Duvel said:

Did you switch it on ?

Don't know.  I thought I did.

When I went to put the pie in the oven the display didn't look right so I turned the broiler on again.  After three minutes I pulled the pizza but the top crust didn't look right.  There should have been leopardizing on the top but it looked rather raw.  So I put it in again for another minute.  Still no joy.  Then another thirty seconds.

After loading the poor pizza three times it wasn't as pretty as it might have been and stuff was dripping over the edges.  The top crust was still on this side of raw and the bottom crust was black.

Compare this pizza with my last pizza from the other night:

Dinner10252018.png

Pizza10112018.png

Edit:  the bottom pizza is 3 minutes.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

10 hours ago, Duvel said:

Did you switch it on ?

Don't know.  I thought I did.

When I went to put the pie in the oven the display didn't look right so I turned the broiler on again.  After three minutes I pulled the pizza but the top crust didn't look right.  There should have been leopardizing on the top but it looked rather raw.  So I put it in again for another minute.  Still no joy.  Then another thirty seconds.

After loading the poor pizza three times it wasn't as pretty as it might have been and stuff was dripping over the edges.  The top crust was still on this side of raw and the bottom crust was black.

Compare this pizza with my last pizza from the other night:

Dinner10252018.png

Pizza10112018.png