• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

11 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Grass fed meat is notoriously less tender than grain fed which is why I go with 24 hours.  I have two flank steaks and one was fine but the other one had been cross hatch scored by the forking butcher!  Sheesh.  Leave my meat alone.  I love the farmers who I get the meat from but the butcher they use sucks...same idiot who cuts the lamb shank bones into three making it impossible to make a nice presentation.  Grrrr.  And their lamb ‘stew’ meat is the breast cut into cubes...way, way too fatty in my books.  Ok, I will stop.  I do like the meat flavour and knowing where my meat comes from.

Why don't you tell them you hate the butcher. He thinks a flank steak is a duck breast? What do you do with a mutilated flank steak? Fajitas?

infuriating. 

gfweb

gfweb

9 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

Grass fed meat is notoriously less tender than grain fed which is why I go with 24 hours.  I have two flank steaks and one was fine but the other one had been cross hatch scored by the forking butcher!  Sheesh.  Leave my meat alone.  I love the farmers who I get the meat from but the butcher they use sucks...same idiot who cuts the lamb shank bones into three making it impossible to make a nice presentation.  Grrrr.  And their lamb ‘stew’ meat is the breast cut into cubes...way, way too fatty in my books.  Ok, I will stop.  I do like the meat flavour and knowing where my meat comes from.

Why don't you tell them you hate the butcher. He thinks a flank steak is a duck breast? What do you do with a mutilated flank steak? Fajitas?