• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

To correct autocorrect.

Why are pan-fried potatoes and onions so Good? I may or may not have gone back for seconds of those.20180303_190530.thumb.jpg.4453227287bf5f17f50a6532ce458200.jpg

With some red cabbage cooked last fall and frozen, and a brat poached in beer. 

Am thinking that if I left enough potatoes, they'd go nicely in a hash with a diced up brat. Remaining brats can go in a pot of beans.

The brats come from an outstanding purveyor of smoked meats in the next town north of me. I go about once a month to stock up.

kayb

kayb

Why are pantries potatoes and onions so Good? I may or may not have gone back for seconds of those.20180303_190530.thumb.jpg.4453227287bf5f17f50a6532ce458200.jpg

With some red cabbage cooked last fall and frozen, and a brat poached in beer. 

Am thinking that if I left enough potatoes, they'd go nicely in a hash with a diced up brat. Remaining brats can go in a pot of beans.

The brats come from an outstanding purveyor of smoked meats in the next town north of me. I go about once a month to stock up.