• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

On 2/28/2018 at 11:19 AM, CantCookStillTry said:

Everyone's food looks so delicious and full of effort. I however am trapped in a phase of " 'expletive' this cooking lark, I'm too tired". Unfortunately (but not for my waist line) I don't have take away as an option.

The better half got a begrudgingly served soy sauce chicken & vegetable omelette/pancake. It's always been a riff on UK Chinese takeaway egg foo young (which is totally different to the American version) but I rarely have the beansprouts, or the inclination to deep fry an omelette (Also aware this dish is unlikely to exist in real life china). 20180228_200925.thumb.jpg.b890154795cf3df7a589e92c79739e71.jpg

Little man had a mini roast with chicken, broc, potatoes, corn and peas. 

I, in lieu of dinner, had a horrible shock, when I took a deep swig from the mug I had used to reheat the frozen Gravy rather than my Black Coffee. 

I drink gravy quite knowingly!

That looks familiar... I have made something similar before.

k5WSzh3.jpg

(PS: - insert Muriel Heslop's accent - you are now CanCookCanPhotograph. Yes, you are.)

BonVivant

BonVivant

Everyone's food looks so delicious and full of effort. I however am trapped in a phase of " 'expletive' this cooking lark, I'm too tired". Unfortunately (but not for my waist line) I don't have take away as an option.

The better half got a begrudgingly served soy sauce chicken & vegetable omelette/pancake. It's always been a riff on UK Chinese takeaway egg foo young (which is totally different to the American version) but I rarely have the beansprouts, or the inclination to deep fry an omelette (Also aware this dish is unlikely to exist in real life china). 20180228_200925.thumb.jpg.b890154795cf3df7a589e92c79739e71.jpg

I, in lieu of dinner, had a horrible shock, when I took a deep swig from the mug I had used to reheat the frozen Gravy rather than my Black Coffee. 

I drink gravy quite knowingly!

That looks familiar... I have made something like similar before.

k5WSzh3.jpg

(PS: you are now CanCookCanPhotograph. Yes, you are.)

BonVivant

BonVivant

I drink gravy on purpose!

That looks familiar... I have made something like similar before.

k5WSzh3.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

That looks familiar... I have made something like similar.

k5WSzh3.jpg