• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kasia

Courgette Muffins With Lemon

COURGETTE MUFFINS WITH LEMON

Since I found the recipe for courgette muffins with lemon on the Polish blog gotujzcukiereczkiem I decided to prepare them. My children looked at the ingredients with surprise. Courgette and cakes don't go together well. The argument that they add caster sugar to the courgette pancakes didn't convince them. The muffins reminded my husband of the lemon cake his grandma used to prepare many years ago. I just liked them. They were short lived, because they disappeared in no time, slightly lemony, moist and not too sweet. They were perfect.

If I didn't know they had courgette in them, I would never believe it. Try it, because it is worth it.

Ingredients (for 12 muffins)
muffins
200g of flour
a pinch of salt
half a teaspoon of baking soda
half a teaspoon of baking powder
150g of sugar
peel from one lemon
a tablespoon of lemon juice
2 eggs
150ml of oil
a teaspoon of vanilla essence
a teaspoon of lemon essence
210g of grated courgette
icing:
3 tablespoons of milk
10 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of lemon essence

Heat the oven up to 170C. Put some paper muffin moulds into the "dimples" of a baking pan for muffins.
Mix together the dry ingredients of the muffins: flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix together the sugar and lemon peel in a separate bowl. Add the eggs, oil, lemon juice and both essences. Mix them in. Add the dry ingredients and mix them in. Grate the unpeeled courgette, don't squeeze and don't pour away the liquid. Add the courgette to the dough and mix it in. Put the dough into some paper muffin moulds. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Now prepare the icing. Mix the milk with the caster sugar and lemon essence. Decorate the muffins with the lemon icing.

Enjoy your meal!

DSC_0386aa.jpg

DSC_0371a.jpg

Edited by Smithy Adjusted title from all caps. (log)
  • Like 3

American here, who had to look it up. For my fellow Americans, courgette = zucchini.

And the muffins look delicious.

Edited by tikidoc (log)
  • Like 1

• Similar Content

• By FADA Yeast
      Good Taste Big Soft Pretzels bring you the ultimate taste bud experience! Have fun to make soft&good eat !
      Recipes:
      1 & 1/2 Cups WARM water
      1 Pkg. Fast Rising Yeast
      4 Cups Bread Flour ( regular flour is ok but bread flour is best)
      1 TSP Sugar
      1 TSP Salt ( I used Sea Salt)
      1 Beaten Egg White with 1 TBS Water added
      Extra Flour
      Coarse Sea Salt for Sprinkling
       Dissolve yeast in the warm water & let sit for 5 minutes. Stir & then add the sugar & salt.
       Stir all of it into the flour. Work through & add more water if needed. Knead in the bowl, cover & let rise double in size about 1 hour. Turn out on a floured surface & knead again . Now pinch of nice sized pieces & twirl & roll between your hands to make long ropes about 12 inches long. You will get 8 ropes. Twist into pretzel shapes & lay on a baking sheet. 
    • By FADA Yeast
      Hello, everyone! We are an instant yeast manufacturer, we focus on yeast manufacturing and bread making. We hope that all of the baker's here can share bread making tips with us! Thanks
    • By MichaelB23
      Hi everyone!! As stated at my personal info, I am a single father who would love to make cakes for my kids without using an oven because we do not have an oven. I could use some help about this kind of cake. If you have any hidden recipes or info that I could use, it is much appreciated. Again, thank you for accepting me in this great site. Hope to hear to people who would like to help me out.
    • By pastrygirl
      A mistake was made with my Albert Uster order this week and I received it twice.  Since it's shipped from CA, doesn't go bad, and I'll use it eventually, I'm not going to mess with trying to return the second delivery.  But now I have a huge amount of inventory so I thought I'd see if anyone here was looking for Felchlin by the bag. 

Each bag is 2kg (4# 7oz) in the following varieties and prices:

Maracaibo Creole 49%, $48
      Sao Palme 60%, $30
      Arriba 72%, $46

As for shipping, I can fit 2 bags in a medium flat rate box for $14 or 3 bags in a large box for $19 to go anywhere in the USA.  

If you'd like some, PM me with your selection, email, and shipping address.  I'll invoice you via Square and you can pay securely online with a credit card.

Thanks for reading!
    • By Porthos
      @Smithy Your request gave me the imputes to finally word-process the recipe. My DW use Excel, which drives me to distraction.

Mom's Apple Raisin Walnut Cranberry Pie

4 baking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
      1 cup golden raisins
      1 cup walnuts
      1 cup fresh cranberries
      1/4 cup flour
      1 cup sugar
      2 tablespoons margarine or butter
      2 pie crusts to fit a 9- or 10-inch pie pan

Heat oven to 425F.
      In a large bowl, mix the first four ingredients.  In a small bowl, mix the flour and sugar together.  Sprinkle the flour/sugar mixture over the large bowl, mixing lightly with fingers.  Place first pie crust
      into pie pan, pricking with a fork.  Pour the fruit mixture into the pie shell.  Dot with the margarine or butter, then cover with second pie crust, crimping
      edges together and making sure top crust is vented.

Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then turn down oven to 350F for about 45 minutes.

*** I use Braeburn apples ***