• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I have just cancelled that appointment! Amazon.ca has informed me that Robin Hood Best for Bread flour is no longer available.   :o:(:angry: 

They sold it at half the price I pay in the grocery store (depending on the store). 

Do you think Modernist Bread has perhaps hit the bestseller list in Canada?  xD:D

I had to report this but let’s not drag this off-topic if we can help it.

I have taken my sourdough from the refrigerator (where it was undergoing cold proofing)and it does not look very happy. After an hour and more on my counter it still looks as though it is quite beyond CPR. 

I am questioning my sanity and rationality on this one. One of the reasons given for the cold proofing is to make slashing easier.   If I let it return to room temperature and pass the proof test does this not negate the whole time it spent in the refrigerator with respect to the slashing problem?

Surely you do not attempt to bake it directly from the refrigerator. 

PerhapsI just need another coffee. 

Anna N

Anna N

I have just cancelled that appointment! Amazon.ca has informed me that Robin Hood Best for Bread flour is no longer available.   :o:(:angry: 

They sold it at half the price I pay in the grocery store (depending on the store). 

Do you think modernist bread has perhaps hit the bestseller list in Canada?  xD:D

I had to report this but let’s not drag this off-topic if we can help it.

I have taken my sourdough from the refrigerator (where it was undergoing cold proofing)and it does not look very happy. After an hour and more on my counter it still looks as though it is quite beyond CPR. 

I am questioning my sanity and rationality on this one. One of the reasons given for the cold proofing is to make slashing easier.   If I let it return to room temperature and pass the proof test does this not negate the whole time it spent in the refrigerator with respect to the slashing problem?

Surely you do not attempt to bake it directly from the refrigerator. 

PerhapsI just need another coffee.