• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

5 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Curious to know if anyone is running into issues with the ratio of water to flour. I always expect to make some adjustments but I’m finding the doughs I have tried so far are much more like batters until I add considerably more flour.  I am weighing my ingredients in grams so there shouldn’t be such a large disparity I would think. 

I have made a note to myself in future to hold back a good portion of the water.

Did you have the issue with the french lean bread?  I also measured in grams and had no issues - the dough was a bit sticky so to help in folding I added small amount of flour to coat - but humidity does play some factor in this I bet.  And this is the consistency I'm used to working with for dough from ATK and AB in 5M

Raamo

Raamo

3 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Curious to know if anyone is running into issues with the ratio of water to flour. I always expect to make some adjustments but I’m finding the doughs I have tried so far are much more like batters until I add considerably more flour.  I am weighing my ingredients in grams so there shouldn’t be such a large disparity I would think. 

I have made a note to myself in future to hold back a good portion of the water.

Did you have the issue with the french lean bread?  I also measured in grams and had no issues - the dough was a bit sticky so to help in folding I added small amount of flour to coat - but humidity does play some factor in this I bet.  And this is the consistancy I'm used to working with for dough from ATK and AB in 5M