• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

38 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

What make is your bread machine?  I had one of the very early ones, a Panasonic that I bought around1987 or so.  I used it for a number of years and was happy with it until I started wanting to make other types of bread and started making them by hand.  What exactly do the newer ones do that makes them so great?

I have a Zojirushi that I bought about 6 years ago or so.  It's this one.  It makes up to a two pound loaf,

is easily customizable and, best of all, it two paddles so it kneads and mixes much better than those with only one paddle.  I love mine and I've had many different models over the years since bread machines were first introduced.  Like Jo mentioned, above, I also mix only in mine and oven bake.  

(Edited to remove sale info that has expired)

Zojirushi Home...

lindag

lindag

26 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

What make is your bread machine?  I had one of the very early ones, a Panasonic that I bought around1987 or so.  I used it for a number of years and was happy with it until I started wanting to make other types of bread and started making them by hand.  What exactly do the newer ones do that makes them so great?

I have a Zojirushi that I bought about 6 years ago or so.  It's this one.  It makes up to a two pound loaf,

is easily customizable and, best of all, it two paddles so it kneads and mixes much better than those with only one paddle.  I love mine and I've had many different models over the years since bread machines were first introduced.

Zojirushi Home...

lindag

lindag

21 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I have a Zojirushi that I bought about 6 years ago or so.  It's this one.  It makes up to a two pound loaf,

is easily customizable and, best of all, it two paddles so it kneads and mixes much better than those with only one paddle.  I love mine and I've had many different models over the years since bread machines were first introduced.

Zojirushi Home...

lindag

lindag

20 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

I have a Zojirushi that I bought about 6 years ago or so.  It's this one.  It makes up to a two pound loaf,

Zojirushi Home...

lindag

lindag

4 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

Best of all, it's on sale now at KAF for 20% off and free shipping!

Zojirushi Home...